Monday, March 11, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #69 3.12.13

Cropped Stories
Could this father daughter moment be any cuter? I love the softness of the black and white and the moment captured is priceless! Thank you for sharing!

Evelyn at Within My Focus
The contrast of the white with the dark patches on the birch tree is beautiful. I love the subtlety of this photo. Thank you for sharing Evelyn!

diefahrradfrau at onthewayz
The dramatic lighting and the pattern created from the shadows is simply stunning. Isn't it amazing the power of light? Thank you for linking up!

Cropped Stories, Evelyn and diefahrradfrau please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This weekend I went for a hike with my family to Wallace Falls. I am so enjoying discovering new places in the natural world that are full of stunning beauty. Walking through the woods listening to the sounds of the birds and the water allows me to feel more connected to myself and to the world around me. Despite the sore legs after the 4+ mile hike that felt like it was mostly uphill, I feel blessed to have experienced this place with my family. Pictures of the waterfalls will be up on Thursday. I used this HDR tutorial to edit this photo and bring back the details in the twisting mossy branches. 

Settings: ISO 500, 50mm, ss1/125, f/5.0
"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, Rejoice, for your soul is alive." - Eleanora Duse

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday



9 comments:

  1. Love that first photo! And I love the perspective of yours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwww! I do love the daddy and the little girl. So very, very sweet! Hope you have a beautiful day : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for picking me!!!!! I had quite the competition! I'm lovin' that drastic black & white shot. I just love extreme contrast especially in black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...that is just one precious shot!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect shot ...shows a real connection. And so crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots!

    I love how lush and green the forest looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the high volume of the green you managed to create in this pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.