Thursday, January 10, 2013

Reverse 365: Sit Awhile - 10/365 1.10.13

I am truly enjoying the Reverse 365 process. I like looking back at moments and experiences from the past and remembering. In terms of editing, I have decided to focus on two tools for the month and see how it goes. I find that I am enjoying the editing process immensely, but in order to further my skills I need to practice a technique a few times. For the month of January I am working on using the adjustment brush in Lightroom and on adding a soft glow using Photoshop. This is my first successful attempt at the soft glow. I would love to know what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome!

If you want to give the soft glow a try, here is the tutorial I used. I found that I had to adjust the values to get the look I was going for, but I followed all the same steps. 

Settings: ISO 200, 23mm, ss1/1250, f/8.0
Date: March 3rd, 2012
Location: Kirkland Marina in Kirkland, WA
10/365 - January 10th, 2013
"Never be afraid to sit awhile and think." - Lorraine Hansberry

3 comments:

  1. Lindo, me parece uma pintura...um abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out that tutorial. It looks like you managed it artfully. I'm really enjoying looking back a year and am surprised how much I remember about what I was trying to accomplish with the shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.