Saturday, January 19, 2013

Project 52 - Week 3/52

I make no secret of my love of sunsets and if you have been following this blog for any amount of time you are well aware of this fact and have probably seen countless sunset photos. I love how each one is unique. I love the sense of contentment that I feel when I watch one. I love the connection to myself, the earth and spirituality that I feel when I witness the daily dance of the sun to the horizon. I love how it is an ending and a beginning all wrapped in one. And I love capturing the moment with my camera!

This sunset was on a trip to Port Angeles and the Salt Creek Recreation Area. After a hike around the park to find the perfect spot I headed down some stairs to the rocky tide pools with my tripod and my layers of clothing to keep me warm in the cold temperatures. Balancing among the rocks I listened to the waves crash and watched the beauty unfold. I was very lucky to have my mom and dog niece along to watch the tide as I concentrated on the shot. 

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/100, f/11 (on tripod)

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/13, f/11 (on tripod)
“Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!”  ― C. JoyBell C.

  the long road  Weekly Top Shot     Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

  1. Oh these are gorgeous! I love sunsets too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful captures. I like the tree silhouettes in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be difficult not to enjoy a sunset... it always seems to make me contemplative... I'm so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #66!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colors! I love the perspective of these photos. A beautiful place. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.