Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #14 12.20.11

Welcome to Tones on Tuesday! Welcome back to those of you who are returning, I am so glad you're back! To those of you linking up for the first time, I am so excited to meet you and see your photos. I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season and that you are much more prepared than I am :o).

Now onto those showcases from last week...

Leovi from La Fotografia Efectista Abstracta
Beautiful vibrant tones, lovely texture and lines. I love how it looks like water. Thank you for sharing Leovi!

I am jealous of the snow! I also love the soft tones, the cute expression and the overall feel of this photo. Thank you for sharing with us Emily!

Jennifer at Fotoplicity
I am inspired and in awe of the light in this photo. The glow is just stunning and I get the feeling that the girls feel the same way. Thank you for linking up Jennifer!

Be sure to grab your this button if you were showcased! (button for linking up can be found after the guidelines)


Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:

  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

My photo this week is actually from last week. My last day of work before break is today and I have big plans to catch up on Christmas shopping, relax a bit and of course take pictures :o). Until then, here is a shot of a village we set up for Christmas. I wanted to capture the soft glow. It turned out a bit dark SOOC so I lightened the tones in Lightroom, cropped it and there you have it. 

Settings: ISO 100, 90mm, ss1.0sec, f/4.5 (full manual, on tripod, tungsten wb)
"The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing other's loads and supplanting  empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas." - W.C. Jones


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
  Sweet Shot Day

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking mine! I love that Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! Congratulation to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to see my photo selected, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic choices Emily, and I just love yours for this week. Such beautiful tones.

    Thank you so very much for sharing at The Creative Exchange this week.

    I wish you a beautiful Holiday.

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.