Sunday, December 4, 2011

Project 64: Black 12.04.11

For most the weekend I felt tired and under the weather. Somehow I managed to feel good enough to head out today to take pictures. My mom, dog niece and I headed to Orcas Island to enjoy the beautiful, but cold day. After a ferry ride and a relaxing drive around the island we made it to Mount Constitution. At the top of the mountain are the most stunning views, which I plan to share later on in the week. The sun was setting and our fingers were freezing so we headed back down. On the way we rounded a bend and were greeted with an exquisite sunset. Luckily there was a place to pull over and of course we did. I just can't put into words what seeing this kind of thing does for my soul. I wanted to capture the stunning color and the clouds and water down below. In processing I did a tiny bit of work straightening and tweaking the basic settings to make it most closely match what I saw in person. And just my luck, the silhouette I captured has this week's color for Project 64 - black. Another silhouette shot to add to my growing collection!

What do you think? Is there a place or a sight the touches your soul? Have a great week!

Settings: ISO 200, 39mm, ss1/100, f/9.0 (full manual, sunlight wb)
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears." - Edgar Allan Poe

Linking up with Project 64 to see the other black!
project64 button

3 comments:

  1. I guess we were on the same island at the same time, can't wait to see your other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous sunset, despite the freezing fingers! The color is so vivid against the silhouette. Stunning sunsets always touch my soul...especially when they are over the ocean. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a sunset, the black really pops. I like that you post the camera settings, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.