Monday, October 24, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: Fallen Leaves 10.22.11

The prompt for the Good to Wow Challenge this week was Memories. I really had no idea what I was going to shoot or what the concept for my shot would be. All I knew, my intention, was to not force it. I just wanted it to happen naturally during my day of photographing. On Sunday I spent the day driving around, catching up and taking pictures with my best friend. Due to all the picture taking I have been experiencing fall in a new way this year. While my friend and I were out and about we commented on how many of our kids (we are both kindergarten teachers) have not experienced raking leaves into a pile and jumping in them. This brought back memories of when my dad used to make a big pile of leaves and I would jump in them and then spend hours making him rake again so I could jump over and over. I did not have a rake with me :o), but these shots reminded me of the joy that fall brings. Even though there was no big pile I did spend a few moments shuffling my feet through the leaves and fondly remembering my childhood.

Here are my SOOC shots, the leaves are just begging to be enjoyed whether off the tree or on it...

Settings: ISO 400, 30mm, ss1/500, f/6.3 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/500, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/500, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"My memories are inside me - they're not things or a place - I can take them anywhere." - Olivia Newton-John


Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.


1 comment:

  1. Lover your shared memory of the leaves. Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.