Friday, October 28, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: Golden Carpet 10.22.11

I am writing this post from my favorite place...the beach! I am listening to the sounds of the ocean and soaking up the contentment that I always feel here. I know it may seem crazy to go to the beach in October but I could go every month of the year. It is my place to recharge and reflect. I am sure you have guessed by now to expect lots of pictures this coming week of my Autumn at the Ocean weekend :o). As for this past week, it was again tough to pick a favorite as I took so many autumn shots full of beautiful color. However, this one stood out. I captured this shot at Flaming Geyser State Park near my house last weekend as a creative interpretation of the color gold for Project 64. I thought of a golden carpet with the leaves covering the ground and the picnic table. My goal was to capture that feeling and to convey the peacefulness of the scene. I think I achieved my goal. What do you think?


Settings: ISO 400, 46mm, ss1/100, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom

"Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Linking up with the linkups below. Take a moment or two to check out the other favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful golden hues of autumn. I can not believe that this park is very near the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a portrait of glorious FALL! thanks for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily. That's an amazing photo - so much detail. The photos on your blog are beautiful. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.