Sunday, September 11, 2011

Project 64: Blue Violet Flowers 09.11.11


Another difficult color for me to find, I wonder if it has to do with the word "blue." I kept finding colors that were very close but either had not enough blue or not enough violet. Then I saw these flowers on the side of the road and thought they were the best combination of blue and violet, not exactly blue violet, but a good mix of the two. The light was extremely direct and harsh, but I decided to take some pictures anyway. I shot in RAW for the first time this weekend, more on that later. I am not sure if it was the RAW or if I am just getting better at editing, but I was able to use the lighting to my advantage and bring out the blue, violet and green by adjusting most of the basic settings and working with the tone curve. I am very pleased with the result :o).

Thoughts, suggestions and critiques are always welcome!

On a side note, I also spent some time reflecting on the events of 10 years ago today. I remembered those who lost their lives and those who were left behind. I also thought about how resilient we are as a nation. Unexpected bad things happen and we choose how we respond. 

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/250, f/8.0
"Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these." - James Whitcomb Riley

Linking up with Project 64. Check out the other blue violet shots!

project64 button

3 comments:

  1. Nice find! You did a good job with the lighting and color, and awesome for shooting RAW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The results are lovely. Nicely done. I love the quote...perfect for 9/11 as well as the rest of our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.